CRM 2013 - how to change the heading label of a Note Control RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to change the heading label of a Note Control. It is the Label that says NOTES (all uppercase letters) on the top of the control where right below it says: "Enter a note".

Is there anyway to do that using JavaScript?

Thanks.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 4:30 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Plugin would not work in this situation. JS is the only way for such kind of scenarios. As a possible workaround you can do following:

1. Hide section with notes by default.

2. Add to onload code that first changes the label of a notes and then shows the section. In this situation user will notice only appearance of the section.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Saturday, April 4, 2015 10:34 PM

All replies

• Hello,

There is no supported way of doing that. In case unsupported approach is an option you can use some kind of DOM inspector to get Id of mentioned control and change the label using DOM injection.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:20 PM
  • Thank you, Andrii for your response.

Do you know of any DOM inspector that gives me the Id? I found the following code online:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/magnetismsolutionscrmblog/archive/2013/03/10/crm-2011-ru12-polaris-disable-inline-notes-control.aspx

but I don't know how to get the id of the Notes Control as mentioned above. When I right click on the elements of a form in CRM it doesn't give me the inspect element option.

Any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:33 PM
  • Hello,

Press F12 in your browser then use the inspect button from the opened window.

Cornel Croitoriu - Senior Software Developer

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Biz-Forward.comCroitoriu.NET

Friday, April 3, 2015 10:09 AM
  • Thank you so much to you both (i.e. Andrii and Cornel). I already did use F12 and did some digging. It seems like the notes control id is notesconrol as specified in the link I found online.

I was able to change the tab label from Notes to what I needed. The problem is when you load the form, as you guys already know, it takes a second roughly for the JavaScript to kick in. So you see the Notes and then it changes to what I specified. I know this is one of the drawbacks of JavaScript.

Overall, it doesn't look professional. You know, for the user to see the Notes and then the new label. Is there any other way to fix this issue. I don't think I can use plug-in for this. I know plug-ins are real-time and might look better. Not sure how to trigger the plug-in in this situation.

Sorry for not marking your answers as the solution. I know Andrii was the first to respond. I'll wait for more comments and if I don't hear from you then I would mark his answer possibly as the solution (not that he needs it, he is already in thousands).

Thanks again. Looking forward to your responses.

Saturday, April 4, 2015 5:06 PM
  • Hello,

Plugin would not work in this situation. JS is the only way for such kind of scenarios. As a possible workaround you can do following:

1. Hide section with notes by default.

2. Add to onload code that first changes the label of a notes and then shows the section. In this situation user will notice only appearance of the section.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Saturday, April 4, 2015 10:34 PM
  • Thank you.
    Sunday, April 5, 2015 4:45 PM