none
Problem linking hotmail account to Technet. States that it has been suppressed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I can't seem to link my hotmail account to Technet in order to subscribe to emails or download trial software.  Whenever I enter my email address it states that the email account has been suppressed by Microsoft.  The email address is my main account and is linked to several other services and products with no issues.  I have contacted the Windows Live team and they confirmed that there should be no issues with my account.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks. 

Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:27 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately, this is a Live ID issue: http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=10

Did you walk through troubleshooting with them?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

This particular forum is more about profile system and not about Live ID issues (unless the profiles are specifically related).

So the current suggestion would be to go back to them and try to troubleshoot the issue. This is obviously a Live ID issue, even if they think your account looks okay.

You can also try www.answers.microsoft.com to ask people in the community who might have had similar issues.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:02 AM
    Owner

All replies