Online Quotes (again!) RRS feed

• Question

• Has something happened to the quotes server recently (in the last couple of weeks?)

I've been OK until Dec 19 th since when I've been unable to update stock quotes.

Anyone else with problems?

Is it working OK for anyone?

UK based, Money 2004 running on Windows 7

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:00 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the pointer.  Have now got quotes working although not sure why/how.

I realised that on the 20th Dec I recorded a transaction involving Easy Jet shares.  I used the EZY stock code to track the shares.

I've just now changed the code to the alternative of GB00B7KR2P84 and - viola - all now working again.  

Not sure why this should have worked - I track other stocks using the Alpha codes.

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by lawsonuk Friday, January 11, 2013 11:12 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 5:59 PM

All replies

• No probs for me.  Using UK 2005 QFE2 on Win7 32 bit.  Got my prices OK less than an hour ago.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:33 PM
  • Thanks.

Can I ask, where are you picking up quotes from?  Have you had to modify anything as per this posting?

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/is/money/thread/d8dc8c86-a250-4344-9f78-faa8a0b078ec

• Edited by lawsonuk Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:56 PM add url
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:46 PM
  • Thanks.

Can I ask, where are you picking up quotes from?  Have you had to modify anything as per this posting?

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/is/money/thread/d8dc8c86-a250-4344-9f78-faa8a0b078ec

Money says Comstock.Inc but whether that is the website or not I don't know.

My main post on that thread is dated Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:31 PM

I added a extra digit to the codes being used by Money.  The revised codes came from an assortment of sites but are simply the codes used by various online quotes sites.  The checksum digit was previously ignored but a change somewhere in the mysterious void meant that it was now needed.

I never tried the registry hack that was touted.  Didn't need to.  There are sarky comments about "the last digit thing" but it did work for me.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:41 PM
  • Thanks for the pointer.  Have now got quotes working although not sure why/how.

I realised that on the 20th Dec I recorded a transaction involving Easy Jet shares.  I used the EZY stock code to track the shares.

I've just now changed the code to the alternative of GB00B7KR2P84 and - viola - all now working again.  

Not sure why this should have worked - I track other stocks using the Alpha codes.

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by lawsonuk Friday, January 11, 2013 11:12 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 5:59 PM

Best Regards

It does look like they changed the way the codes were used, whether checksums or alphas.
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:25 AM