none
Tiny Font and Odd Message Editor Behavior Last 2-3 Days RRS feed

• Question

• Have there been any updates to the Forums software recently?

I have noticed a change in the font used when I reply to forum posts. It has become tiny. I also observe odd message editor behavior, such as the Backspace key causing a character to be inserted at the cursor point, and the Enter key returning the cursor to the start of the existing line after I paste a link into a message.

These phenomena (except for the tiny font) do not occur when I enter a new message, such as this one. Only when I reply to an existing thread.

There have been no hardware or software configuration changes on the PC in question, and no updates applied since 1/14/2012, long before the symptoms appeared.

I should add that this is, at most, an annoyance :-) Certainly nothing that prevents me from using the forums.

• Edited by pvdg42 Tuesday, February 7, 2012 4:43 PM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:19 PM

Answers

• The keystroke oddities do not show up in resultant posts, and the font size issue "corrects" itself when my posts are saved.

Further, (embarrasingly) the "tiny font" issue appears to have fixed itself as I type this response.

Perhaps senility has taken over here ;-)

Thanks for replying, anyway.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:14 PM
  • The keystroke oddities do not show up in resultant posts, and the font size issue "corrects" itself when my posts are saved.

Further, (embarrasingly) the "tiny font" issue appears to have fixed itself as I type this response.

No, not senility. There were several issues with the change, and the team has been frantically fixing them. So these issues appear to be fixed now. Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:24 PM

All replies

• Yes.

Could you post some links to threads as examples?

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:09 PM

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:14 PM

No, not senility. There were several issues with the change, and the team has been frantically fixing them. So these issues appear to be fixed now. Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:24 PM
  • I believe font depends on where do you come from. I noticed last night that the font was very small. I believe I came from TechNet. I also were seeing gear icons.

Right now coming from MSDN all these issues do not appear.

However, the issue with the pasting link indeed exists and it's annoying as it causes several attempts to rectify the problem (I think pressing space fixes this issue, but I always forget to press space first and keep trying to press Enter).

Also, I did experience a problem of not being able to start typing a few times, although I overcame this problem every time.

BTW, I'm trying to post it the second time now. The first time I got that 'The page says ...' message and was unable to save my reply. So, I copied it and now trying again.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:27 PM