none
Date and time Error - SP2 install RRS feed

• Question

• I'm experiencing an extremely annoying error involving the Windows date and time feature. When I reinstalled Windows the date and time were pre-set to 2005. I tried connecting to Time.Windows.com and the other option but received an error telling me that the connection to either servers was not successful. I'm not currently running any antivirus or firewall programs because this is a fresh install of windows. I tried connecting to the Windows updates websit in hopes of getting a hotfix for the problem but was haulted to a stop because the Genuine Advantage activation feature could not install properly without the date and time feature. Because of this, I'm not able to download anything from the windows websites which may be able to fix this. Any kind of help or advice on this would be much appreciated, thanks.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 7:30 PM

Answers

• Hello Lord_Nikon,

You should be able to set the date/time manually to resolve your issue, you may also need to set the correct date/time in your system's bios settings as well.  I would highly recommend checking the date/time in your bios first (please refer to your system's owner manual for information on how to do this) before changing your Windows time.  Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Monday, February 18, 2008 4:45 PM