In project server 2010, can we create custom field like Account manager which is auto complete field ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

In project server 2010, can we create custom field like Account manager which is an auto complete field (which will facilitate picking up of resource, especially when resource list is very large)?

Thanks,

Lovely

Lovely
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Lovely,

Unfortunately no. I agree this would be very useful, but it's not possible with the current version.

You would have to populate the lookup table manually (I asume the list of account managers is a lot shorter than the list of resources?), or create a PSI application to do it for you.

I hope ths helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Lovely,

Unfortunately no. I agree this would be very useful, but it's not possible with the current version.

You would have to populate the lookup table manually (I asume the list of account managers is a lot shorter than the list of resources?), or create a PSI application to do it for you.

I hope ths helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:45 AM
  • Hi Lovely

Assuming you are talking of Project Level Custom field, but sorry to say not available OOB, alternatively you can have a custom field with lookup table but overhead would be keep updating the lookup table

OR go for custom development, like a webpart which will act as name picker and would allow users to verify or choose name as an interface and could be bound to any custom field in background using PSI

Let me know if this answers your question

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:48 AM
  • Thanks Sunil and Hans for the suggestions.

I will try it out.

thanks,

Lovely

Lovely
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:26 AM