Starting Live Mesh RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting a status of Starting Live Mesh, it doesn't seem to completely start. My computer does not show up in the Devices section. Is XP SP3  supported? Do I have to have Silverlight?
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

No, you don't need to open a new bug; validating the current bug on Connect is great.  It would also be useful for us to have your logs, though.  If you don't mind the extra steps, what you can do is send an email to lmprev@microsoft.com, referrence the Connect Feedback ID for the bug, and attach your logs to the email.  We appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:39 PM
  • Hi,

We've had a number of people encountering a similar problem with Live Mesh failing to start.  Please submit a bug report with your logs attached so that we can look in to what's going on.  Instructions for collecting logs and submitting a bug are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:22 PM

All replies

• XP SP3 is supported and no, you don't need Silverlight installed.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:14 PM
  • Hi,

We've had a number of people encountering a similar problem with Live Mesh failing to start.  Please submit a bug report with your logs attached so that we can look in to what's going on.  Instructions for collecting logs and submitting a bug are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:22 PM
  • Ben,

I am having the same issue - but instead of submitting a Bug Report, I validated the current BUG report on Connect -- Should I submit my own, with my logs?

Thanks,

Mark
    Mark
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:48 PM
  • Hi Mark,

No, you don't need to open a new bug; validating the current bug on Connect is great.  It would also be useful for us to have your logs, though.  If you don't mind the extra steps, what you can do is send an email to lmprev@microsoft.com, referrence the Connect Feedback ID for the bug, and attach your logs to the email.  We appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:39 PM
  • I have submitted the bug report. Sorry it took so long, I didn't see the feedback section. I had to wait for my approval to join the beta testing. The feedback ID is 357626.
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 5:49 PM
  • I'm also having this same problem.  Install always reports it is unable to configure all updates, and from then on status is always "Starting Live Mesh".

I was unable to submit the bug via the Connect site, as it put me on the waiting list for Live Mesh, so I can't submit bugs.  I did email the bug report to the email provided earlier in this thread.

I am not running Onecare.  I am connected directly to my 2Wire VDSL modem/router via USB.  XP SP2.
    Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:02 AM
  • I'm having the same issue on an XP desktop and submitted my error report already.

Monday, August 11, 2008 5:16 PM