• Question

• I get the message "Unknown problems are preventing Restore from continuing at this time" when attempting to restore files from a backup.  OneCare backup finds the files, but it won't restore them.  Part of the problem is that the backup was created using another notebook (different computer name, different user, etc.).  Is there away to work around this? 
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:53 PM

Answers

• The restore should proceed no matter what PC created the backup. Is the backup on CD/DVD, and external disk or a network Share? Is the restore happening via the same path? That means, if the backup was made to an external disk connected to computer A, is that disk now connected to computer B or are you connecting to it over the network for the restore, as an example.

Since the error is less than helpful, I recommend that you contact support:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:02 PM

All replies

• The restore should proceed no matter what PC created the backup. Is the backup on CD/DVD, and external disk or a network Share? Is the restore happening via the same path? That means, if the backup was made to an external disk connected to computer A, is that disk now connected to computer B or are you connecting to it over the network for the restore, as an example.

Since the error is less than helpful, I recommend that you contact support:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:02 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem however, I cannot figure out how to contact support. Does anybody have an email or a phone number????
    Friday, October 31, 2008 7:01 PM
  • My answer above your post contains the link to the FAQ for how to contact support.

-steve

Monday, November 3, 2008 6:06 PM