Can't Reset Various Reports RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the 2005 UK version of MS Money. The option to reset various built-in  reports is greyed out. I've tried repairing the Money file but the issue remains. Is there a method to enable resetting these standard reports to their default settings?

• Edited by SC489 Thursday, August 6, 2020 7:47 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2020 7:46 AM

All replies

• Have you changed the report settings to use Advanced Reports?

Bob - MSN Mobile

Thursday, August 6, 2020 1:45 PM
  • If you are sure you are using advanced reports and still having the problem, I would do a level 1 repair. That will reset all of your reports, and delete any Customized reports.

If Advanced Reports are not enabled, click
    Reports->ChangeReportSettings->SwitchFromEssentialToAdvancedReports.

Thursday, August 6, 2020 5:30 PM
  • If you are sure you are using advanced reports and still having the problem, I would do a level 1 repair. That will reset all of your reports, and delete any Customized reports.

If Advanced Reports are not enabled, click
    Reports->ChangeReportSettings->SwitchFromEssentialToAdvancedReports.

I've always used Advanced Reports. The issue of the greyed out report reset button  happens for several reports e.g Net Worth over Time, Transactions by Category. I've done a level 1 repair. The reports have been reset and customised reports removed but the issue of the greyed out report reset button remains and more reports are affected by the greyed out reset button! I repeated the repair on another account which had not used Money with the same result. A level 2 repair also does not work. The problem is not present when starting a new money file. I guess I am stuck with this issue since I have 20 years of data stored in the file. Does anyone know how the report configuration data is stored to provide a clue how to reset these reports?

• Edited by SC489 Friday, August 7, 2020 5:22 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2020 5:20 AM
  • I would have suggested reinstalling using the UK QFE2 install file, except the fact that a new file does not have this problem. You might try it anyway, despite the probability that the problem is in your data file, and not the installation.

Keep copies of your *.mbf files.

For repair, try a Quick repair, then a level 2, then a level 1 and then another quick repair sequence.

If that does not fix this, consider using a backup that predates the problem.

You could keep copies of your latest backup, and then try restoring a backup for 3 or 6 months ago.  Choose a different unique name for the restored files, and change the backup file locations in Tools->Settings->BackupOptions before closing that file.

If one of those did not have the problem, you could open the newer file with the problem, do QIF exports, edit the transactions out the transactions already in restored file, and then import the modified QIF files all at once into the old file.

If you have no backups from older times, you might want to replan your backup procedures.

Friday, August 7, 2020 1:46 PM
  • I think you may be confused about how MS Money normally works.

First let me say that I use Money 2000 International English and I do understand you are on 2005 UK

In 2000 I have 5 groups of 'prepared' reports: 'Spending habits', 'What I have', 'What I owe', 'Investment', & 'Tax'

Amongst the 'What I owe' reports, all 5 pre-formatted options, so 'Upcoming Bills' >>> 'Loan Amortisation' have the RESET button greyed out.

Amongst the 'What I owe' reports, the middle 3, so 'Net Worth Over Time', 'Account Balances' & 'Account Balance History' have a live RESET button, and the other 2 options ('Net Worth' and 'Account Details') have the RESET button greyed out.

Pre-formatted 'Investment' reports are generally RESETable ~ except for 'Bond Summary'.

Pre-formatted 'Tax' reports are generally RESETable ~ except for 'Loan Interest'.

I've always assumed that Money is supposed to work this away and the fact that some pre-formatted reposts are not RESETable has never caused me any problem.

Teabag

Sunday, August 9, 2020 4:26 PM

First let me say that I use Money 2000 International English and I do understand you are on 2005 UK

In 2000 I have 5 groups of 'prepared' reports: 'Spending habits', 'What I have', 'What I owe', 'Investment', & 'Tax'

Amongst the 'What I owe' reports, all 5 pre-formatted options, so 'Upcoming Bills' >>> 'Loan Amortisation' have the RESET button greyed out.

Amongst the 'What I owe' reports, the middle 3, so 'Net Worth Over Time', 'Account Balances' & 'Account Balance History' have a live RESET button, and the other 2 options ('Net Worth' and 'Account Details') have the RESET button greyed out.

Pre-formatted 'Investment' reports are generally RESETable ~ except for 'Bond Summary'.

Pre-formatted 'Tax' reports are generally RESETable ~ except for 'Loan Interest'.

I've always assumed that Money is supposed to work this away and the fact that some pre-formatted reposts are not RESETable has never caused me any problem.

Teabag

Good thinking.

It may be worth noting that the reset button is greyed out on reports that have not been customized.

Sunday, August 9, 2020 9:48 PM

Teabag

Good thinking.

It may be worth noting that the reset button is greyed out on reports that have not been customized.

The reset option is greyed out for some favourite reports and built in reports even after I modify the built in report. It should be possible to reset all reports which is what happens when you clean install Money with a new money file.

Steve Cussons

Monday, August 10, 2020 6:20 AM
  • orth noting that the reset button is greyed out on reports that have not been customized.

The reset option is greyed out for some favourite reports and built in reports even after I modify the built in report. It should be possible to reset all reports which is what happens when you clean install Money with a new money file.

Steve Cussons

All of my  Favorite reports have the Reset button greyed out, even after I Customize the report. I am using Money Plus. I am confident that this is truly by design.

Monday, August 10, 2020 3:52 PM