Media Linrary lising wav files form installed app's RRS feed

• Question

• I have install some app and a Steam server i run sometimes just to play with some friends and all the wav file are now listing the the Browse Music folder .

So my question is how do i stop WHS 2011 from listing any Pictures,Music or Videos from one Drive

I would like it to only list data from my E drive

OS Main Drive C 1TB

Data Drive E  8TB Raid 5

Monday, October 17, 2011 10:02 PM

All replies

• Presumably, all the files are in shares for which you've turned on streaming. Any file type that Windows Home Server is capable of streaming will be listed in the appropriate location if it's in any streamed folder.

If not, then perhaps one of the programs you've installed has made some change to Windows Media Player or is interfering with the functioning of Windows Home Server.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:56 AM
  • it's something to do with how Media Library works if i turn it off Media server the file are gone if i turn it on and tell it to only share documents they still show up.

Must be a bug in the system, i have Medis server on and set to only share the Documents folder and i can still see all my movies, Music.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:24 PM
  • Fixed

Found a post that talked about re-indexing you media library, so i set Media player not to index wav files, stopped the Media player network sharing service, renamed the index file and rebooted all the unwanted files are gone.

the index file is called currentDabase_372.wmdb

Folder it's in is

C:\Users\MediaStreamingAdmin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:10 PM
  • so i set Media player not to index wav files,

How do you do that?

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:45 AM