broadband trouble connecting using Novatel usb 727 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an old Thinkpad T30 (IBM 43V263YUHBH model 2366PU5 x86-based PC with XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 Intel (R) Pentium 4   version 5.1.2600 that I used to connect to internet via network at office...or wireless.   BIOS version IBM 1IET66WW (2.05) 6/12/2003 

I dropped my DSL line and now use Verizon Broadband with Novatel USB 727 plug in.  I have a new computer where all works just fine...problem is with the T30. Verizon confirms usb is getting signal... The Verizon Access Manager is not able to find the device in either usb port. ...under Vzw options- diagnostics... it says "wireless device not available"  under modems.."No modems have been attached" 

When I go into the T30 TCP/IP diagnostics  my local area connection has a red X and status shows adapter is down. (Intel pro/100 VE network connection - packet scheduler miniport and "ping"...I get Destination host unreachable  85.255.114.77

I no longer work at prior office, and wonder if the "old" network instructions are blocking access to the usb broadband plug.

I know there is an  Agere systems AC'97 modem attached to com3 in the T30  The Wi-Fi adapter is BOINGO  wi-fi location database version: 50

Internet Explorer 6 still set...  Connection preference: never dial

LAN settings  AutoConfigProxy  wininet.dll

autoproxysetectmode  enabled   Proxy:  disabled

Any ideas how I can make this work????

Really appreciate your help out there

"Thinkpad"

• Moved by Brent Serbus Monday, May 24, 2010 2:45 AM wrong forum (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have an old Thinkpad T30 (IBM 43V263YUHBH model 2366PU5 x86-based PC with XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 Intel (R) Pentium 4   version 5.1.2600 that I used to connect to internet via network at office...or wireless.   BIOS version IBM 1IET66WW (2.05) 6/12/2003 

I dropped my DSL line and now use Verizon Broadband with Novatel USB 727 plug in.  I have a new computer where all works just fine...problem is with the T30. Verizon confirms usb is getting signal... The Verizon Access Manager is not able to find the device in either usb port. ...under Vzw options- diagnostics... it says "wireless device not available"  under modems.."No modems have been attached" 

When I go into the T30 TCP/IP diagnostics  my local area connection has a red X and status shows adapter is down. (Intel pro/100 VE network connection - packet scheduler miniport and "ping"...I get Destination host unreachable  85.255.114.77

I no longer work at prior office, and wonder if the "old" network instructions are blocking access to the usb broadband plug.

I know there is an  Agere systems AC'97 modem attached to com3 in the T30  The Wi-Fi adapter is BOINGO  wi-fi location database version: 50

Internet Exporer 6 still set...  Connection preference: never dial

LAN settings  AutoConfigProxy  wininet.dll

autoproxysetectmode  enabled   Proxy:  disabled

Any ideas how I can make this work????

Really appreciate your help out there

"Thinkpad"

Saturday, May 22, 2010 3:44 PM
  • Hello ,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in the 'Platform Networking' located here:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverPN/threads

Have a great day!

Thanks!

SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Monday, May 24, 2010 6:47 AM