What am I doing wrong??? RRS feed

• Question

• Data Synchronisation Services could be answer to all my prayers, but I'm having trouble doing the simplest things.

I'm watching the Channel 9 video located at http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=347021 - when I add a new 'Local Database Cache' item (6 minutes 57 seconds into the video) and choose to save the cache item I get the following error:

Microsoft Synchronisation Services does not appear to be installed. Please install the Microsoft Synchronization Services to open this file. Error message: "Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.Synchronization.Data, Version=1.0.0.0,..."

I have Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 installed and have tried installing, uninstalling the Sync Services, but no joy. Can anyone tell me, what things I need to install, what I've missed, how stupid I am, etc....

Thanks

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 9:08 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Richie,

Try to add the assembly Microsoft.Synchronization.Data to your project. The dlls for sync services are located under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Synchronization Services\ADO.NET\v1.0

Thanks

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Richie,

Try to add the assembly Microsoft.Synchronization.Data to your project. The dlls for sync services are located under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Synchronization Services\ADO.NET\v1.0

Thanks

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:21 PM
  • Thanks Rafik - that's where I was going wrong - I didn't have the correct assemblies installed.

For anyone else who is as stupid as me (or scared to ask) the assemblies can be downloaded here

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:12 AM
  • Thanks!  I also couldn't find the correct assemblies to install!  Installing the sync framework from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/sync/default.aspx didn't work.
    Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:07 PM