Remote Access user console not visible RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

here is my current problem. i have 2 users set up for remote access.
    both users have the option "Allow access to shared folders and home computers" selected.

when they log in, the folders are present but the option for computers isn't. i have looked all over for a tick box or select box but there is nothing so how do i get it back? the users can certainly log in via remote access but only able to view the folders. the console used to be available so why has it gone and where?

if anyone can advise, that would be great :)

NigelShaw
    • Changed type Ken WarrenModerator Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:07 PM This is a question about a WHS feature.
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 3:09 PM

Answers

• Nigel, the Computers tab of the Remote Access web site requires ActiveX controls to support some of the functionality. ActiveX is only supported on Internet Explorer, running on Windows, so that's the only browser you can use if you want full functionality.

However, for Firefox, there is an add-on that allows you to "host" Internet Explorer inside a Firefox tab. It's called (of course :) ) IE Tab.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

i have a slight update.

it works on internet explorer but not in firefox or safari! bit annoying really as internet explorer is supposed to be a bit dodgy whereas firefox is pretty stable. i looked in the preferences for firefox but nothing really there to assist.

NigelShaw
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 3:40 PM
  • Nigel, the Computers tab of the Remote Access web site requires ActiveX controls to support some of the functionality. ActiveX is only supported on Internet Explorer, running on Windows, so that's the only browser you can use if you want full functionality.

However, for Firefox, there is an add-on that allows you to "host" Internet Explorer inside a Firefox tab. It's called (of course :) ) IE Tab.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:10 PM