File transfer RRS feed

• Question

• My computer died and I have a new one. I had Money Sunset deluxe on my previous one and installed the same identical version on my new one. I have access to my previous hard disk and can get my Money backup files, but when I do, all the details get lost and I have just a total and a date. There are a lot of saved Money files, but I don't know which refer to the specifics of all the accounts. What should I look for in order to recreate my accounts, payees, categories, etc.?
    Saturday, June 9, 2018 2:03 PM

All replies

• You want to copy your latest *.mny and the latest few *.mbf to the new computer. Usually you would put those into your Documents folder. Closse Money. Open the *.mny file. That should launch Money. Change the backup settings before exiting, and make sure you have chosen a place that exists on the new computer. The best way to do that is to Browse to your Documents file for the backups.

Actually, I have my scheduled backup go to a USB flash drive, and I have my upon-exit backups go within my Documents folder.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:30 AM