Moving CRM4 to a new domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I'm moving (trying to) our MSCRM 4 development from one domain to another. There are no trust relationships etc to use.
    I've joined the server to the new domain, and recreated groups etc.
    But the Organisation and User GUIDS will be all different.
    Can i use SQL to set new GUID's for the new domain and its users?

The other approach i have is to reinstall MSCRM then re-attach the datbases and customisations etc.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks
    Stuart
    Stuart
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Stuart,

Please have a read of the article below.

It explains possible scenarios and steps required in detail.

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:11 AM
  • Hi Stuart Fawcett,

You can take the whole DB back up of old organization i.e organizationName_MSCRM DB only and restore it to new DB server and with the help of Deployment manager you can import the the same which will give you same organization name and all the users can be mapped automatically or manually as you feel comfortable.

You just need to select the Database server in import organization and the restored database (Restore the database with same name as previous).

Thanks & Regards,

Dyamanagowda Kallangoudar

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Stuart,

Please have a read of the article below.

It explains possible scenarios and steps required in detail.

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:11 AM
  • Thanks Hassan, I may have a few problems with this, mostly as the Organization name to be used is the same as the old organisation name, but the server is on a different domain but also of the same name.

The article also suggests updating a number of CRM rollups. I'm taking a backup 1st then can try these approches. Cheers.

Maping user names should be easy as the names are almost the same in both domains. the follow on config looks as if it will keep me busy for a while...

Stuart
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:43 AM
  • Hi Stuart Fawcett,

You can take the whole DB back up of old organization i.e organizationName_MSCRM DB only and restore it to new DB server and with the help of Deployment manager you can import the the same which will give you same organization name and all the users can be mapped automatically or manually as you feel comfortable.

You just need to select the Database server in import organization and the restored database (Restore the database with same name as previous).

Thanks & Regards,

Dyamanagowda Kallangoudar

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:24 PM