CRM 2013 : Status Reason Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a custom entity Project on which I have added two Status Reason 'Delivered' and 'Canceled' when Record is changed to Inactive Status.

In CRM 2011, when I deactivated the record, it used to give me a prompt to select the value of Status Reason before deactivating the record.

I do not get any such prompt. Record gets deactivated with status reason as 'whatever value is topmost in statusreason field for inactive status.'

Any idea what could be the issue.

Status Reason prompt in CRM 2011

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:14 AM

Answers

• Seems to be fixed now. I believe there was some bug initially which was fixed in Rollup1.
    • Marked as answer by CRMDevlpr Monday, May 26, 2014 2:18 PM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer the below link. A similar thread. You may have to implement custom logic to handle this.

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/116774.aspx

Thanks

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful" Thank you, DT

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:30 AM
  • Thanks Dibyasingh for replying.

I have same question as posted by thread owner in that post.

This is supposed to be a system behavior. If there are multiple status reason for a given status. When changing status, CRM prompts user to pick proper status reason.

And this makes sense, because there could be different possible reasons for inactivating a record.

Is this feature removed in CRM 2013 ?

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:57 AM
  • Yes,I think its a bug. But if you will try the same from the subgrid or the list you will get the popup.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful" Thank you, DT

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:06 AM
  • No

I tried that already, I do not get any pop up from either Entity grid or Form.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 11:51 AM
  • In my end it is working.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:23 PM
  • Thats Odd. For some reason it does not work on my CRM 2013 environment
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:29 PM
  • Seems to be fixed now. I believe there was some bug initially which was fixed in Rollup1.
    • Marked as answer by CRMDevlpr Monday, May 26, 2014 2:18 PM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 2:18 PM