Product Key purchase RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a DELL computer new and it came set -up with Microsoft Office 7.  Use of the software was time limited and I am now asked for a product key when I try to use word.  Can I purchase a product key without purchasing the entire software package since I already have that installed on my computer??
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:53 PM

Answers

• You'll need to purchase a Microsoft Office Suite or a standalone version of Microsoft Word.  Both are available from the Microsoft Store.
    Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:56 PM

All replies

• "kkeller73703" wrote in message news:ac9e6fbd-5171-46bb-948d-0828837348ec...
    I purchased a DELL computer new and it came set -up with Microsoft Office 7.  Use of the software was time limited and I am now asked for a product key when I try to use word.  Can I purchase a product key without purchasing the entire software package since I already have that installed on my computer??

There is no such product as Microsoft Office 7
    What you possibly mean is either Office 2007, or Office 2010.
    Unless you paid extra for it at the time, the installation of Office was a Trial version, and you would have to purchase a full license for the proper version you require.

MS no longer sells Office 2007, so you would have to purchase Office 2010 and install that (preferably after uninstalling Office 2007 Trial).
    Office 2010 is still available, and you should be able to activate the existing install after purchasing a License from the MS Store (although it’s often better to uninstall the existing Office, and install a new copy from download)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:22 PM
  • You'll need to purchase a Microsoft Office Suite or a standalone version of Microsoft Word.  Both are available from the Microsoft Store.
    Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:56 PM