Restoring file from back up RRS feed

• Question

• My computer recently crashed on me so I used this as an excuse to buy a new one. When I restored my files from the WLOC backups to my new PC using the option to restore all missing files, WLOC restored files that I had previously deleted and also restored files that I had moved to their orig locations and the new ones. I had to go through all of my files and delete the ones that I had originally deleted and then find all of the duplicate files and delete those (all the while being very paranoid I would delete something I didn't really want to delete.)

Is this what is supposed to happen, or did I do something wrong? And if this what is supposed to happen I would think One Care could keep track of file moves and deletions and update the previous backups as needed.

Friday, January 11, 2008 10:15 PM

Answers

• I believe that this is what would happen if you select a restore all files type of restore. You could have performed a custom restore and selected only those files you wished to restore, but that would probably have been more time consuming than what you did to cleanup after the restore.

-steve

Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:33 AM

All replies

• I believe that this is what would happen if you select a restore all files type of restore. You could have performed a custom restore and selected only those files you wished to restore, but that would probably have been more time consuming than what you did to cleanup after the restore.

-steve

Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:33 AM
  • Thanks for the quick response!

Do you, or anyone else out there, know if this is something that might be improved in future updates or if it is totally off the radar?

Again, thanks.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 5:08 AM
  • I believe that they are working on improving the interface for selecting files to restore, but I don't know when that may be implemented or what form it will take.

-steve

Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:32 PM