Just switched from att air card to cox cable internet.i use one care. do i need to change settings??? RRS feed

• Question

• wondering if i need to change any of my firewall settings with one care? cox comes with mcafee. i like using onecare as it reminds to back up, tune-up and all that. i have NOT downloaded mcafee yet.
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 1:05 AM

Answers

• You do not need to change any firewall settings. If you do decide to install McAfee One Care must be uninstalled first.

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 1:12 AM

All replies

• You do not need to change any firewall settings. If you do decide to install McAfee One Care must be uninstalled first.

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 1:12 AM
  • thank you for your reply. i really like the one care, as it helps me remember to back up files and do virus scans and so on. appreciate your help : )
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 3:47 AM
  • When you first connect with your new network connection, the OneCare firewall will ask you if this is a Home or Work network or a Public network, unless you are running Vista, in which case the Network and Sharing center will ask for this.

Do note that OneCare is at end of life. 

See this post for End of Life information for Windows Live OneCare - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/81996436-edad-41ba-bdfc-02fc094e2ca9

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, May 10, 2010 12:02 PM