sync with a shared drive on Windows 2000 RRS feed

• Question

• I installed SyncToy on a Windows XP box and a Windows Vista box.

My intent was to sinc both of those computers with my Windows 2000 box that has a shared drive. I did not install SyncToy on the Windows 2000 box since the documentation says that it does not support Windows 2000.

Step 1) I first sync'd the Windows XP box with the Widows 2000 box and it worked perfectly.
    Step 2) I then sync'd the Windows Vista box with the Windows 2000 box and that worked perfectly.
    Step 3) I then re-sync'd the Windows XP box with the Widows 2000 box to get any other info that had been placed on the Windows 2000 box during step 2.  I believe it worked OK.
    Step 4) I then finally re-synched Windows Vista box with the Windows 2000 box just to make sure it was OK. This time SyncToy deleted all of the My Pictures & My Videos off of the Windows 2000 box. I then took a look at the Windows Vista box. In the My Pictures directory there was nothing but in the Pictures directory all of the pictures were there.

I am sure that this has something to do with the fact that Vista stores the phots in a different level directory.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I not be useing SyncToy with the Winows 2000 box at all?
    Any other suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 9:45 PM

All replies

• Chris, this does seem like an issue and I have asked engineering to take a closer look at this.  I will submit a response once we have had a chance to look closer at this.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 11:23 PM
  • Liam, If you need any more specific information please feel free to ask.

Chris
    Friday, February 8, 2008 2:15 PM
  • The problem with My Pictures not syncing correctly from a computer running Windows Vista & a computer running Windows 2000 still exists. The Windows Vista computer always wants to delete the My Pictures contents on the Windows 2000 computer after the second sync.  Have you had a chance to do any further investigation.
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:42 PM