Attach Files to Service Activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to add the functionality to attach files(.pdf/docs) to a specific service activity.

Example:
    1) A service job is logged for a technician to visit a site
    2) Technician visits site and performs service & our work performance document is signed by client
    3) After the visit the technician scans the signed document and attaches it to the service activity that was logged.

Can someone please help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in Advance.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:34 AM

Answers

• Hi.

There are inbuilt mechanism of attachements creation in Microsoft CRM 4.0. There are 'Attach a file' button at the top of you Service Activity form. One detail - this button bedame visible after record is created. You can attach as many as you want files to record, but there are some limits - file maximum size and allowed file extension. This can be configured through - Settings - Administration - System Settings.
    Truth is opened the prepared mind My blog - http://a33ik.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Morjo Wednesday, October 28, 2009 10:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi.

There are inbuilt mechanism of attachements creation in Microsoft CRM 4.0. There are 'Attach a file' button at the top of you Service Activity form. One detail - this button bedame visible after record is created. You can attach as many as you want files to record, but there are some limits - file maximum size and allowed file extension. This can be configured through - Settings - Administration - System Settings.
    Truth is opened the prepared mind My blog - http://a33ik.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Morjo Wednesday, October 28, 2009 10:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:48 AM
  • Oh i must have missed that!

Thanks very much i will check it out and let you know how it goes. :)

Just checked......My apologies for not picking this up, works perfectly. Thanks
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:31 AM