windows live logon will not hold my username or password? help

•  am running Windows 7 64bit, i have internet explorer 8 I believe. when i log into windows live and check the boxes that say remember login and password for email access,. it never stores the info ? if i close the browser and try to get back in it displays my user name but makes me enter the password, but then is errors that it is not correct and then i have to enter my login name and password.

i tried this at work on XP, and if i close my browser and then open it back up, my info stays stored and i do not have to input them again.
    is this a Windows 7 issue and is there a work around to not having to re-log in every time i want to access my email?
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Carolynelyko
    I had exactly the same problem as you .
    But its solved now , for free .
    Visit the url below .
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:32 AM
  • I am having the same issues since downloading the latest MS IE. Though there seem to be some fixes on the web which may or may not work (some with virus), what is MICROSOFT saying about this?

What is your fix for this problem?

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 5:14 PM
  • UGH!!!!! I am having the SAME problem!!! It is driving me crazy. My main email through my internet service (Charter) will not go through even though I know I putting in the right information but the google email will go through!!
    Friday, August 05, 2011 3:48 AM
  • Response to an old post to ensure folks are aware that the Windows Live ID signon process was changed recently.

See this article on the current status, what you can do, etc...and what may very well be a permanent change to the sign in process.

MSFT MVP Live Mail

Saturday, August 06, 2011 11:53 PM