none
MSDN forums to be more social RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Sometimes i find myself in front of amazing threads and i want to share it on (Facebook , twitter ..etc) .I wish if you can add Social networks button on each thread to share this thread ,so in that way more and more professional will know about it and participant together to solve it if it's not solved yet .

Best Regards.

Ahmed Naji SharePoint Geek
    MCP|MCTS
    My Blog | DotnetFinder
    • Edited by Ahmed Naji Saturday, November 12, 2011 11:55 AM
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 11:45 AM

Answers

• I like the idea - add the opportunity to share the thread on a social network such as twitter or facebook.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:14 AM

All replies

• I wish if you can add Social networks button on each thread to share this thread

Answers has this but I think, depending on your browser, that it is probably superfluous.   E.g. is there anything significantly different between clicking on a button for a thread and using a right-click Accelerator (in IE)?   It looks like with an Accelerator you could choose whichever social networking service you wanted to share a link with and not be restricted to some subset that a web page tried to provide.   This forum does have an RSS button and Answers puts an RSS button in the same grouping of icons for the social network sites that it provides support for but I don't know if one could create an accelerator for RSS.  FWIW I think RSS support is quite different, so I appreciate it being here.

Thinking more about this, I would wonder if real RSS Feed Readers might not already have a customizable sharing mechanism built into them?   If so, you could then share the RSS link which would allow your readers to see just the content without all the forum styling overhead.  If your readers wanted to see the real link it would be another click but then the forum overhead would be their choice, not one forced on them by your sharing just the link to the thread.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, November 12, 2011 4:08 PM
  • I like the idea - add the opportunity to share the thread on a social network such as twitter or facebook.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:14 AM