Advanced Find - E-Mail body text/name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    In CRM 4.0.....I am trying to do an example of an advanced find where you can search for a name within an email body, as follows...
    >Created By - equals - username
    -->Regarding - equals - account name
    ---->Description - contains - David

I have successfully run this query and found the name David in the email body, however I think that was more luck than anything else, as I tried the same search for the name Tom, and while the search came up with seveal emails, the first one I opened did not contain the name Tom!

So all I can figure from that is that it is finding To within the body so it came back with hundreds....also the found text is not highlighted....

What can I do to make sure I get the correct information back?

thanks and kind regards

Rossco
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 9:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Did it find “tom” in the middle of a word, “tomorrow”?

Dean

http://www.powerobjects.com

Thursday, October 1, 2009 10:39 PM
  • I agree with Dean.  You probably should be searching for "_Tom_" where _ is a space combined with something like an or to "_Tom," again with _ as a space again... otherwise it could pickup bottom, tomorrow, etc.

That would probably wield more specific results.
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 11:51 PM
  • Hi Dean & MSCRM Blogger,
    thanks for the search tips. I have opened the message from within CRM and done a search using ind on this page, and the letters "tom" etc cannot be found, so seems very strange....in saying that, could it be picking up just the "to" part?

Also, is there a way to get CRM to highlight the found words/names?

cheers and regards
    Rossco
    Friday, October 2, 2009 3:42 AM
  • My guess is your searching the e-mail which has html tags, you are seeing the text, not the tags.  Just a guess.

Dean

http://www.powerobjects.com

Friday, October 2, 2009 1:45 PM
  • Thanks Dean,
    appreciate your help.

regards
    Rossco
    Friday, October 2, 2009 7:14 PM