none
OEM reloader question for Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I run a small PC repair shop out of my house. 99% of the repairs I do are reloads of Windows due to malware of some kind. I have so far been 100% legal with my endeavors and I intend on keeping it that way. All PCs that have come my way for a reload have had a Windows XP Home OEM license on them with a product key sticker on the case. I happen to have a copy of XP Home OEM that I use to reload those computers. When asked for a product key, I use the key that is on the sticker on the case. I have asked MS several times if this is OK and they say it is. My problem is that eventually, I will come across a system with one of the many versions of Vista in OEM form. I do not have the money to buy one copy of every version of Vista OEM for both 32 and 64 bit. Even if I did have the money to do this, I refuse to purchase 6 licenses that I will never use. All I am looking for is the Vista OEM media. It looks like I will need a total of 6 disks, one disk for each; Basic, Premium, Ultimate and all three of those in 32 and 64 bit editions. I do not wish to buy the licenses for these OS's since I will be using the license that came with the PC. I also cannot use the reload disks/partitions that come from the manufacturer. I never trusted them because they come loaded with trial software and useless junk that I want to keep off of my customer's PCs. Also, Acer has recently gotten in trouble for including malware on their factory loads. With that said, who knows how many other manufacturers are putting malware on their images. I refuse to promise to fix a customer's PC and rid them of malware just to put a different set on after a reload.

In short, does anyone know how I can legally download ISO images of all versions of Vista OEM for completely legal uses? Thank you for your help.
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:39 PM

All replies

• Mhegyi,

Then click on this link, takes you to a page where you can order what you want for free:  http://oem.microsoft.com/script/mr/MediaReplacement.aspx
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Friday, July 11, 2008 2:21 PM
  • Hi Dan -

Nice to see you back in the forums! Your contributions to the WGA forum, especially, have been outstanding!
    Please note: I am not a Microsoft employee...only a voluntary forum contributor.
    Friday, July 11, 2008 8:03 PM