CRM 2011 slow on Xenapp RRS feed

• Question

• I have a site running a Xenapp Citrix farm for some groups of users using CRM 2011 Rollup 11 (not yet done changes to move to later rollups. Xenapp Servers are Windows 2008 R2 with IE9.

Account screen is heavily customised with lost of JavaScript and quite a few grids and fields.

Site also has laptops running XP and IE8 which are as expected slow. New laptops being deployed with IE9/Windows 7 which are about 2.5 times faster when displaying the account screen.

But on Citrix the account screen is also slow - about the same as Windows 8.

If we remote into a Citrix server with remote desktop CRM runs quickly - the same speed as on an IE9 laptop.

So the slowness seems to be due to XenApp. Anyone come across this and solved it?

Thanks

Paul

Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:12 PM

All replies

• So part of the rendering difference of IE8 to IE9 is using the GPU for rendering.  This is a major part of the acceleration.  XenApp by default doesn't enable GPU access, but there is a registry edit that does enable it.  You might have to put an upgraded GPU in the server to scale up to your user demand, but you should get your performance benefits.

You might need do look for instructions for your specific version of XenApp, but it will be somewere around here: http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/xenapp65-admin/hd-hardware-acceleration.html

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:12 PM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 5:12 PM
  • Thanks Wayne

This looks eminently sensible. I've passed to the guys who look after the server and respond back once we have results - hopefully confirming this.

Paul

Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:32 PM