none
What video card for WHS 2011 on a Dell PowerEdge T110?

Question

• Yes. That's my question although it might seem ridiculous as the server should not be used like a desktop.

The Dell T110 just has builtin vga which is not great with my fancy monitor. And I do have reason to upgrade the video card if it's at all possible. I have literally hundreds of CD to rip to the server. (This is far faster than ripping on a client computer.) During ripping, I very frequently have to edit the track information. Almost for every CD. That's why I want to upgrade the video card to do the editing directly on the server. The problem is WHS has no driver for 2 of the video cards I have lying around: a Radeon X300 and a Nvidia geforce 7300gs.

What should I use? Any of you has first hand experience with video driver for the 64 bit WHS? Thanks.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have WHS 2011 running on a Dell PowerEdge T110. I put in a Radeon HD4350 video card - going for low power because I saw a note saying to limit the power on cards for cooling reasons. I ran the ATI Catalyst installer - didn't install anything - I suppose because it was a server. BUT, all the drivers were unzipped and left in a folder on the hard drive. From the device manager, I told it to update the video drivers and pointed it to the folder with the ATI drivers. That seemed to work just fine.

• Marked as answer by h8226gw Saturday, May 07, 2011 5:23 PM
    Saturday, May 07, 2011 4:44 PM