Passing input parameters to a custom workflow activity inside a child workflow. RRS feed

• Question

• I have written a custom workflow activity which takes an account and a newly created opportunity as input parameters. When this CWA is part of an on demand workflow everything seems to be fine, but when the same workflow is triggered as a child workflow the CWA doesn't run correctly. It seems that the input parameters aren't being passed between the two workflows, but that's just my guess.

To summarise: Custom Workflow Activity takes 2 inputs, an account and a freshly created opportunity.

Workflow A runs on a contract. Workflow A triggers Workflow B running on the same contract as A. Workflow B creates an Opportunity (O) and then runs the CWA. Workflow B passes Opportunity O and the Potential Customer from the contract to input parameters to the CWA. From here it seems that the CWA isn't receiving the Potential Customer input, but that's just my guess.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you get an error message at all? Or is the parameter just null?

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:14 PM
    Answerer