Product Key Invalid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Carey,

I followed the steps "To determine whether you have a trial edition of a 2007 Office suite or program installed," and this is what it showed on the About page for Word:

Microsoft Office Word 2007 (12.0.6212.1000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000)

Part of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007

2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

This product is licensed to:

(my name)

Product ID: (blank)

There doesn't seem to be anything that says "trial" displayed with either product's name as in the MS note:

If a trial edition is installed, the About Microsoft Office Program_Name dialog box displays a product name that resembles the following:

Microsoft Office Program_Name 2007 Trial

Is there any other way to test?  Or should I presume that these are not trials?  As I mentioned, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 was pre-installed (to our pleasant surprise, actually), but we weren't given a disk nor a product key (other than the one for Vista).  Converting a trial version to a full perpetual license version makes sense and is doable, but I want to make sure that the versions I have are in fact trials.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 8:02 PM

Answers

• Hello Suna Ozmen,

The Product Key (found on the sticker on the side or bottom of your computer) is for Windows only and will not work for Office.

Full Versions of Office do not, normally, come standard on computers. Computer Manufacturers will often include a Trial version of Office, which allows you to use it for a limited time, but if you wish to continue using it, you would need to by a Full Version of Office.

If the copy of Office, that came with your computer, is supposed to be a Full Version, then the Product key would be included in the documentation that came with the computer. If you are unable to find the Office Product Key and you still believe that the computer should have come with a Full Version of Office, please contact the Person, Company, and/or the Computer Manufacturer, that you bought the computer from, for further assistance.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Saturday, December 29, 2007 12:55 AM