none
Don't understand members of SyncDataConverter class RRS feed

• Question

• In my code, I' using a class derived from SyncDataConverter. SyncDataConverter has got two virtual methods: TryConvertDataRetrieverFromProviderFormat and TryConvertDataRetrieverToProviderFormat. The problem is that I don't understand the purpose of these methods by reading the docu (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd937665%28SQL.105%29.aspx). Also, I don't understand what DataRetrievers are. Can you explain me the purpose of these methods and the meaning of DataRetrievers?
    Friday, April 16, 2010 11:32 AM

All replies

• The data retriever is an out parameter from the GetChangeBatch method call on the provider.  Some providers may not use the NotifyingChangeApplier and, as a result, may not use the data retriever required by the change applier (the database providers are a good example of this, though they can't be used for other reasons).  If your providers use the NotifyingChangeApplier and return a class that implements the IChangeDataRetriever from the GetChangeBatch call, then you can just return false from these methods.

Aaron

SDE, Microsoft Sync Framework
    • Proposed as answer by Jandeep Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:03 PM
    Friday, April 16, 2010 5:19 PM
    Answerer