Can all a user's data in CRM4.0 be moved to other CRM user? RRS feed

• Question

• I just migrated a crm database to another server after doing a new CRM 4.0 install. Somethng went wrong there with the consequence that all data that belong to a specific CRM user are now in a different CRM user account. Can I move all this users's CRM data to a different user in an easy way?

(CRM4.0 is installed on a server 2008 computer with SQL 2008 with RS in native mode, sharepoint 3.0, ...)
    R.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't know how much data that you have, you can log on to CRM and assign the record back to the other users. However you only do it 250 at a time.
    Darren Liu | 刘嘉鸿 | MS CRM MVP | English Blog: http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com | Chinese Blog: http://liudarren.spaces.live.com
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:06 PM
  • You can develop a utility using the SDK to re-assign the records, use software built by a vendor like Scribe, or try Codeplex Bulk Update (I am not sure if you can update the owner with this tool).
    Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:10 PM
  • I cannot do it on a record by record base, it's too much.
    R.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:03 PM
  • Would it be simpler to deinstall / reinstall CRM ?

The problem is that I get an error for the user that I want to use for CRM installation, relating to SQL RS: permissions granted to user mydomain\user are insufficient for performing this operation (rsAccessDenied), see other question (unanswered so far): http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/bcb6257e-a29a-4fdb-995f-becfc9957f32 

R.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:08 PM
  • It sounds like you have a few issues going on. 

First, did you install the CRM server with a Domain Admin account, not a local admin account.  Given the amount of errors you have going on, you may want to uninstall everything and re-install.  I also recommend that you uninstall IIS Server and re-install.  It has been my experience that if you don't uninstall and reinstall IIS you can run into unexpected issues with the new install.

Taking the action above with a Domain Admin, not local admin Account should get you up and running.  However, you are still going to need to deal with the record re-assignment if the user who owns the records is no longer an Active Directory and CRM user.  If the user is Enabled in CRM and a valid Active Directory user, then you should be able to successfully map the user without issue.

Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:48 PM
  • Yes I installed CRM logged in as domain admin (however not the account that I actually wanted to use, due to the other issue).

In the case that account would work normally, record reassignment should no longer be an issue. Since it was caused because I had to choose a different setupaccount now during CRM installation, which would not be necessary then. By the way the old account also exists now in the new setup, however the problem is that it was not the setup account now during CRM install. CRM setup only accepted the new setup account being another account then the original setup account if it would be directly associated with each other during CRM useraccount selection. I coul dnot associate the old setup account with the new (same) account, now not being the setup account...
    R.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:14 PM