none
Dreamspark Licensing RRS feed

• Question

• I recently got a Windows  from Dreamspark, and in my EULA, it says that I can install Windows 7 on TWO of my machines. I have installed it on both my laptop and my desktop, but the laptop will not activate. It says that the license has already been used. What do I do now? 
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:30 PM

Answers

• Have you tried activating by telephone? Sometimes that will solve the problem. 

Here are some steps:

Activate Windows 7 manually:
    1. Click Start.

2. In the Search box type   slui.exe 4

2. Press ENTER on your Keyboard

3. Select your Country.

4. Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:42 PM

All replies

• Considering that this is the Training and Certification (as in Microsoft Certifications) forums, you should probably contact DreamSpark direct or at least check out their FAQ's (which might have your answer).
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:42 PM
    Answerer
  • Have you tried activating by telephone? Sometimes that will solve the problem. 

Here are some steps:

Activate Windows 7 manually:
    1. Click Start.

2. In the Search box type   slui.exe 4

2. Press ENTER on your Keyboard

3. Select your Country.

4. Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:42 PM