Upgrade issue RRS feed

• Question

• For MSCRM 4.0

1. If my base language is say Spanish, data in my database will be stored as Spanish or English.. If in English is there some way to store it in Spanish

2. What happens to custom entities during upgradation from 3.0 to 4.0(like schema changes,). will upgradation deal with all schema changes. or we have to do manually.. specially for n:n relationship in 3.0 which we create using intermediate entity in mscrm 3.0

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:17 AM

Answers

• Karan,

>>If my base language is say Spanish, data in my database will be stored as Spanish or English.. If in English is there some way to store it in Spanish.

The data in the MS CRM System is not dependent on the language pack applied. You can store for example turkish in a server with english interface. (Appologies if I didnt understand your question correctly).  I'm not sure I understand the second part of your question. Do you mean translate from english to spanish? If you mean the interface then you will need to translage any custom labels manually.

>>2. What happens to custom entities during upgradation from 3.0 to 4.0(like schema changes,). will upgradation deal with all schema changes. or we have to do manually.. specially for n:n relationship in 3.0 which we create using intermediate entity in mscrm 3.0

Since we didnt' have n:n in v3 the upgrade will copy the old entity and relationship into v4 server. So your old relationships, entities and data will be preserved.

Hassan.

Hassan Hussain | http://hassanhussain.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:46 AM