On The External Back Up RRS feed

• Question

• First of all hello

I have been using Windows Live OneCare for a year now and I must say that I absolutely love it, thank you Microsoft.

When I first installed WLOC on my laptop, I was using DVD's to do the backup job, but when I started getting too many of them, I purchased an external hard drive (Seagate).

I have a question to ask you (and please forgive my English).

I store some pictures from the .net in my laptop that I am using on a forum, then I delete it when I use it on the forum. I have set the Tune-Up for a weekly basis and WLOC backs up my music bought from the Zune Marketplace (love that), my documents and those pictures left that I mentioned above.

But since those pictures are not for me important at all (as I said I use them on a forum then delete them), after I delete them from My Pictures where they are stored, are they also removed on the next Tune-Up from the Seagate?

Thank you for responding to me

Dinaki

Sunday, February 3, 2008 7:39 AM

Answers

• No, deleted files are not removed from the backup, though performing a restore from the latest catalog, which updates the last saved state of your system, will not restore those files.

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 5:08 PM