locked
crm toolkit - how to specify organization service RRS feed

  • Question

  • I'm able to create a package project using the crm toolkit project types, but the deployment is failing, saying the server is not available. If I try to browse the org service from the 'developer resources', it fails as well, but I change the server to the FQDN, I can browse it. So I'm guessing that the toolkit is not using the fqdn and I can't find where to set it.
    Monday, January 6, 2014 8:42 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    You need to connect to CRM Server from Tools menu item:

     

    Define CRM server location and other info:

    Before you can deploy from Package project.


    • Edited by Ronald Liu Monday, January 6, 2014 9:33 PM
    Monday, January 6, 2014 9:30 PM
  • I don't have that menu item. Are you using vs 2012?
    Monday, January 6, 2014 9:47 PM
  • Hi,

    Didn't you install Developer Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics CRM from SDK?


    Ronald

    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 4:32 PM
  • I did. I am able to create the CRM projects (this case I'm trying to create a 'Dynamics CRM 2013 Package" project. I am prompted to connect to CRM before the project is created. I can connect to the server, and the dropdown contains my orgs, but the solution drop down stays disabled. When I click 'ok', it creates the visual studio project. When I try to deploy, the only error message I get is this, below, and fiddler shows no activity: 

    The connection to the Dynamics CRM Server is unavailable.Error: The connection to the Dynamics CRM Server is unavailable.

    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:21 PM
  • Hi,

    Try creating a new solution but connect to CRM as an user with Sys Admin role when prompted. See if this would let you pick a CRM solution.


    Ronald

    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:45 PM
  • I'm Sys admin already.
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:46 PM
  • Hi,

    Could you give re-installing the toolkit a try?


    Ronald

    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:01 PM
  • I installed it and visual studio directly on the crm server, and it works. The server is in a different domain, but trusts my workstation domain. I'm guessing that it is doing the same thing as the WebResourceUtility. In both tools, I specify server.domain.org.com:port and am able to connect and pull up the crm organizations. But when I try to connect using the WebResrouceUtility, it drops the domain and tries to connect using just the server name, which fails.
    Thank you for your suggestions!
    • Edited by GS7711175 Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:15 PM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:14 PM
  • Ah... That explains it. Things are never easy with non-standard set up. Glad you worked it out.

    Ronald

    Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:10 PM