OC2007 cannot retreive Calendar and Working hours on Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

hope this isn't already covered in annother thread.

I'm running OCS2007 Public Beta and OC 2007 in a lab environment. Clients are Windows Server 2003 64 Bit with Office 2007 Enterprise. Currently two clients are connected.

Up until yesterday evening everything was running fine. Since this morning, one of the OC clients reports an "Outlook integration error". Details show the following:

"Communicator is in the Process of retreiving calendar and working hours information from the Exchange server. This feature may not work correctly until the process is complete". The User is still active, all Exchange features work well for him. Also Outlook on the same machine as well as OWA works fine.

The second machins still has no problems at all. I've already reinstalled OC on the problematic machine, checked the certificates and the eventlog with no success. Any ideas ? I would have accepted this to be a known bug, if it wouldn't have worked for days already....

Thanks for sharing any ideas

Frank

Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

This is a known issue, the Outlook Integration issue. I am not sure why it worked and then didnt for you though. Nothing changed in the meantime?

These are some steps we have people try to resolve this:

Start Outlook, wait a few minutes and then start Communicator.

• Check that Outlook is using the default profile.
    • Verify you are using Office Communicator 2007 build 2.6090.0.
    • Verify your Internet Explorer proxy settings are correct for your environment.
    • Try to connect to your Adress Book Server URL's manually. If they are not accessible, then troubleshoot your web services:
      • For example:
        • Try to connect to the URLs from the server.
        • Check for any DNS issues.
        • Check any routing issues.
        • Try resetting IIS.
        • Try restarting the web pages.
    • Verify you are using the same credentials in Outlook as you are in Communicator.
    • Verify your are not using an untrusted certificate in Exchange Server 2007.
    • Delete galcontacts.db located in %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Communicator On the OCS server open a command prompt. Navigate to <install path>\Server\Core\ and then run ABServer.exe -syncNow
    • In Office Communicator, under Tools>Options,on the bottom part of the Personal tab is the Personal information manager. Verify that the 'Automatically retrieve Out of Office settings from Outlook' and 'Update my status based on calendar data' options have been selected.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:38 PM
  • Hi Thom

thanks for your reply. All you've proposed Ive checked already upfront, but nothing worked out. I won't post a message before I haven't tried the obvious ;-)

This user had worked fine before. Annother user still worked fine.

All that helped was deleting the entire user in AD and recreating everything. Now it works again without any problems.....

I got the impression that something with the certificates goes wrong from time to time. Alternatively it has something to do with the performance of the systems...maybe OC gives up reading the data if it can't do so within a given time ?  (Not by intention but as a bug...)

Anyway, thanks for your support

Kind regards
    Frank

Monday, July 2, 2007 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Frank,

This is a known issue, the Outlook Integration issue. I am not sure why it worked and then didnt for you though. Nothing changed in the meantime?

These are some steps we have people try to resolve this:

Start Outlook, wait a few minutes and then start Communicator.

• Check that Outlook is using the default profile.
    • Verify you are using Office Communicator 2007 build 2.6090.0.
    • Verify your Internet Explorer proxy settings are correct for your environment.
    • Try to connect to your Adress Book Server URL's manually. If they are not accessible, then troubleshoot your web services:
      • For example:
        • Try to connect to the URLs from the server.
        • Check for any DNS issues.
        • Check any routing issues.
        • Try resetting IIS.
        • Try restarting the web pages.
    • Verify you are using the same credentials in Outlook as you are in Communicator.
    • Verify your are not using an untrusted certificate in Exchange Server 2007.
    • Delete galcontacts.db located in %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Communicator On the OCS server open a command prompt. Navigate to <install path>\Server\Core\ and then run ABServer.exe -syncNow
    • In Office Communicator, under Tools>Options,on the bottom part of the Personal tab is the Personal information manager. Verify that the 'Automatically retrieve Out of Office settings from Outlook' and 'Update my status based on calendar data' options have been selected.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:38 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem.

I have tried all the above to no avail. Any other ideas?

Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:20 PM
  • Hi Thom

thanks for your reply. All you've proposed Ive checked already upfront, but nothing worked out. I won't post a message before I haven't tried the obvious ;-)

This user had worked fine before. Annother user still worked fine.

All that helped was deleting the entire user in AD and recreating everything. Now it works again without any problems.....

I got the impression that something with the certificates goes wrong from time to time. Alternatively it has something to do with the performance of the systems...maybe OC gives up reading the data if it can't do so within a given time ?  (Not by intention but as a bug...)

Anyway, thanks for your support

Kind regards
    Frank

Monday, July 2, 2007 7:42 AM