none
Forum Editor Hidden When I Reply to Posts Not Last in Thread RRS feed

• Question

• Periodically in the past, when I reply to a post that is not the last one in the thread, part of the post editor is hidden by the next reply. Usually I cannot see the Comment section or the Submit/Cancel buttons. This time (yesterday) I could not see the area where you enter your reply. A screen shot:

I tried to reply to the post you see partially at the top. The reply by jrv is the next reply, and I didn't reply to that one because jv had deleted it and there is no Reply button there. I could see nothing in the area where I enter my reply, but I pasted in a reply anywhere, and you can barely see the very end of it after the banner for the next reply.

I'm using IE 9 on Windows 7 Professional in "The Scripting Guys Forum", where I am a moderator (that might matter). Any idea what is happening? I think this only happens if I reply to a post that is not the last one in the thread. Here is the thread as it appears now:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ITCG/thread/1f40906a-96b3-4be7-b4a3-deaf738e5873

My reply is last and is fine, but I replied to AbqBill's, not jrv's.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, May 25, 2012 8:23 PM

Answers

• I'm using IE 9 on Windows 7 Professional in "The Scripting Guys Forum", where I am a moderator (that might matter). Any idea what is happening?

Have you tried clearing the TIF?   I did see something like this when I started using IE10 but I can't remember the details.   A possible workaround to try would be  Alt-V,y,N  View, Style, No Style.   It's often tricky finding all the elements then but usually at least they aren't hidden.

Good luck

Robert
    ---

Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:22 PM

All replies

• I can't repro. Can anyone else repro this?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:03 PM
    Owner
  • I'm using IE 9 on Windows 7 Professional in "The Scripting Guys Forum", where I am a moderator (that might matter). Any idea what is happening?

Have you tried clearing the TIF?   I did see something like this when I started using IE10 but I can't remember the details.   A possible workaround to try would be  Alt-V,y,N  View, Style, No Style.   It's often tricky finding all the elements then but usually at least they aren't hidden.

Good luck

Robert
    ---

Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:22 PM