none
Is the MCC award still in operation? RRS feed

• Question

• Is the MCC award still in operation? I notice that no one was awarded for MCC from May 2012.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 12:11 PM

Answers

• I asked the program administrator via email, and they let me know that they are preparing for a new year to come;

There is the official answer :) ;

Hello,

Thanks for your mail and interest in the Microsoft Communitry Contributor Award. We are currently preparing for a new year of recognizing top contributors in the online communities as well as crafting some new changes to the offering.

Stay tuned as we’ll share these as they come available.

Please visit our facebook page for the most up to date information regarding the MCC Award Program.

http://www.facebook.com/MCC.Award

Best Regards,

MCC Global Administrator

MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring

Friday, July 6, 2012 2:14 PM
  • They'll roll it out when they're ready. They're vague on purpose. Recently they moved to a "no nomination" process where they use their tools only and eliminated nominations. They say that the results (nominations versus tooling) was almost the exact same, so they're streamlining the process.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:22 PM
    Owner
  • Is the MCC award still in operation? I notice that no one was awarded for MCC from May 2012.

Answer from Microsoft Community Contributor:

"As we are in the midst of evolving the program, we will not be re-awarding until the new program details are released."

Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:01 AM
  • Hi Yagmoth555

Let me pay thanks to you for your email to MCC team but I could not understand what does this mean that "We are currently preparing for a new year of recognizing top contributors in the online communities as well as crafting some new changes to the offering."

Do the people need to wait until next year (2013) to get the reward for their online participation.

I put this question a while ago and I think Naomi response to my question that it is every month MCC award has been given to people who made notable contribution.

Can someone from Microsoft please answer the question?

Best Regards

Rone

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:50 AM
  • Hemendra,

the MCC avard is for one year only.

Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:40 AM

All replies

• How did you find it?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:22 PM
  • there was no info that it would be discontinued, and on the current awardee page was a gap before that eventually filled up (think was march or april 12 which took quite some time before showed it entries), so i am fairly certain its still around
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:17 PM
    Answerer
  •  Yes There is no Update for MCC for the month of May and June on MCC web site https://www.microsoftcommunitycontributor.com/current-awardees.aspx

Regards

Syed Qazafi

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:54 PM
  • I've checked myself and don't see the update, but I don't think it's the indication that the award no longer exists.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 11:11 PM
  • I asked the program administrator via email, and they let me know that they are preparing for a new year to come;

There is the official answer :) ;

Hello,

Thanks for your mail and interest in the Microsoft Communitry Contributor Award. We are currently preparing for a new year of recognizing top contributors in the online communities as well as crafting some new changes to the offering.

Stay tuned as we’ll share these as they come available.

Please visit our facebook page for the most up to date information regarding the MCC Award Program.

Best Regards,

MCC Global Administrator

Friday, July 6, 2012 2:14 PM
  • Hi Yagmoth555,

I can not see the MCC tag with my profile anymore. Is it expired?

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:34 AM
  • Hemendra,

the MCC avard is for one year only.

Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:40 AM
  • Hi Yagmoth555

Let me pay thanks to you for your email to MCC team but I could not understand what does this mean that "We are currently preparing for a new year of recognizing top contributors in the online communities as well as crafting some new changes to the offering."

Do the people need to wait until next year (2013) to get the reward for their online participation.

I put this question a while ago and I think Naomi response to my question that it is every month MCC award has been given to people who made notable contribution.

Can someone from Microsoft please answer the question?

Best Regards

Rone

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:50 AM
  • @RoneBI: MCC started last year at June. My guess it's for restarting in new this year, but it seem to take more time than they expected. Like you tell, only a MS employee could let us know more for that.

Want to follow me ?  |  Blog: http://www.jabea.net | http://blogs.technet.com/b/wikininjas/

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:36 PM
  • They'll roll it out when they're ready. They're vague on purpose. Recently they moved to a "no nomination" process where they use their tools only and eliminated nominations. They say that the results (nominations versus tooling) was almost the exact same, so they're streamlining the process.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:22 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks for the info. Ed.

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

- .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:10 AM

Answer from Microsoft Community Contributor:

"As we are in the midst of evolving the program, we will not be re-awarding until the new program details are released."

Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:01 AM
  • They'll roll it out when they're ready. They're vague on purpose.

That pretty much describes how microsoft operates.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:06 PM
  • They'll roll it out when they're ready. They're vague on purpose.

That pretty much describes how microsoft operates.

I like it that they operate like that. Id rather have a finished product like the approach in the past "here's Windows ME. Its on time."
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:44 PM
    Answerer
  • I like it that they operate like that. Id rather have a finished product like the approach in the past "here's Windows ME. Its on time."

Really it's a clear sign of changing things that are not broken.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:01 PM
  • This is what they said in July 2012:

Best Regards,
    MCC Global Administrator

The latest entry on that page is from November 2012.

Noel

Friday, May 17, 2013 11:52 PM