how to send sms from crm 4.0 using custom entities RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have created some custom entities in CRM. I want to implement a solutions to send sms to these people directly from crm. i have seen on the internet Ozeki and Netsize, but the problem is that what i have seen both of them are sending sms only to entities which are already on the system (contacts, accounts and leads).

Can you please suggest if there is any solution to send sms to custom entities and if there is any available plugin to do that?

Best regards

Ernest

Best regards Ernest
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 2:39 PM

Answers

• You will need to write some custom code to do this. Ozeki has an API which should allow you to work from any custom entity, provided there is a field on that custom entity for nuymber to send the message to.

Can I also ask why you need to send to a custom entity, and not one of the built in ones (contact/account/lead)?

Ian Carter UNIT4 CRM R&D Manager http://www.unit4software.co.uk/
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 11:15 AM

All replies

• İf you send bulk sms you need Marketing List. To set up marketing list you have to use contact,account,lead entity. The other entities do not supported for marketing list in ms crm. First of all you need a custom solution to list all people then you can easily use that custom solution like marketing. Also you can use one of the activity which you dont use like letter Activity then you can easily send SMS activity bulk or single.
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 10:03 AM
  • You will need to write some custom code to do this. Ozeki has an API which should allow you to work from any custom entity, provided there is a field on that custom entity for nuymber to send the message to.

Can I also ask why you need to send to a custom entity, and not one of the built in ones (contact/account/lead)?

Ian Carter UNIT4 CRM R&D Manager http://www.unit4software.co.uk/
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 11:15 AM
  • Thanks for your answer Ian, i was hoping for something without writing any code.

Thanks again

Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:13 AM