color quality on uploaded photos

• I am adding photos to windows live writer for my blog post and when I add my photos the color quality is off. Why is this? If I go directly to blogger and upload them to blogger (the original way) the color is right. Do I have something set wrong in live writer?
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:34 AM

All replies

• Are you doing any kind of of resizing of the photos? Any change in the image can affect it's image quality and display properties.

The image size should be the size of the image on the website, any adjustments made on-the-fly are not considered standard and un expected results can be presented.

Hope this helps.

Monday, March 22, 2010 3:21 AM
  • I am editing the photos in photoshop and saving them from a raw format to a jpeg. I have not been resizing them for the web. Should I be? If so, what are the dimensions I should be saving them as?

my blog is

Thanks for your help.

Monday, March 22, 2010 3:29 PM
  • Cherise,

All the pictures on your site seem to be JPG; so this seems right. Are there any plugins on blogspot  that are handling image compression? [I don't know]

One of the images...

Seems to be indicating that the image is being adjusted to 800dpi displaying @ 656px × 450px, but the original image is 1,600px × 1,067px. Seems something is doing some adjustments [thumbnail images].

But clarifying, what is 'color quality' to you? [dpi, colors used, resolution?]

By the way, the images on the site are very nice from what I saw.

Just trying to help...

Monday, March 22, 2010 5:16 PM