Load Balancing CRM RRS feed

• Question

• We are interested in using a hardware load balancing solution for CRM 4, Cisco or Nortel etc. Is the compatable with Microsoft CRM and underlying server OS (2008 64 bit) etc. Are there any specefic server hardware vendor issues with a hardware based LB system. Our soution would be Hyper V based.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

for the loadbalancer is the CRM a web-application. So there are no issues to use hardware based LB systems.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:09 AM
  • Along with Michael's comment, I just wanted to expand on that.

Microsoft CRM is an Application server.  This differs somewhat from a web app in that the server itself processes code and request which is different from the client/server model.

The deployment paper gives guidance on load balancing the application server but there may be some Kerberos issues with the hardware approach.  I would do some more research as too how the hardware load balancing system interacts with the Active Directory Forest, DNS,etc to verify if there would be any issues regarding the method that machine accounts communicate with the registered services on each server.

Hope that helps to get you in the right direction.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

for the loadbalancer is the CRM a web-application. So there are no issues to use hardware based LB systems.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:09 AM
  • Along with Michael's comment, I just wanted to expand on that.

Microsoft CRM is an Application server.  This differs somewhat from a web app in that the server itself processes code and request which is different from the client/server model.

The deployment paper gives guidance on load balancing the application server but there may be some Kerberos issues with the hardware approach.  I would do some more research as too how the hardware load balancing system interacts with the Active Directory Forest, DNS,etc to verify if there would be any issues regarding the method that machine accounts communicate with the registered services on each server.

Hope that helps to get you in the right direction.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:44 PM
  • Thank you for your time, we will consider this carefully
    Saturday, July 25, 2009 12:13 AM