off topic - Virus/system possibly crashing????!! HELP ASAP RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Please help.  We moved and the computer has not been used on line for several months.  we just had fios installed and it is a big mess.   My daughter is the administrator and we cannot get into her information.  I cannot download anything from my site.  HELP!
    Monday, September 22, 2008 12:03 AM

All replies

• Angela,

Thank you for visiting the Live OneCare program forums. If you think your system is infected and you are at a working desktop, you may want to try going to http://safety.live.com and running the scanner. Do a complete system scan, not a quick scan.

Post back to continue support.

Also, I don't understand this - "we just had fios installed and it is a big mess.   My daughter is the administrator and we cannot get into her information.  I cannot download anything from my site."

Please explain a little more about your scenario like Error or Dialog Messages - verbatim if possible, and what your exact experience was. Sometimes OneCare will load, the disappear and give a window letting you know it needs to update itself and that it will need a reboot when finished.

Rick, MS

Monday, September 22, 2008 1:56 AM