Windows 7 Activated, but Windows pops up says its not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• I have been receiving popups saying that my Windows is not Genuine. I was directed to the website to validate my windows, and it also says that my Windows is not genuine.

However, my windows was provided by my manufacturer (OEM Version), which i assume would be genuine.

I looked into the Control Panel Items --> System (Win + Break), and it still says that my Windows is activated. Slui.exe says that my windows is activated too.

Windows update still works for me too.

is there any way where i can stop the popup from reappearing?

Sunday, August 1, 2010 11:51 AM

Answers

• "kenkwan" wrote in message news:ad25255d-19f6-4cd7-ac99-f445a82afcf8...

I have been receiving popups saying that my Windows is not Genuine. I was directed to the website to validate my windows, and it also says that my Windows is not genuine.

However, my windows was provided by my manufacturer (OEM Version), which i assume would be genuine.

I looked into the Control Panel Items --> System (Win + Break), and it still says that my Windows is activated. Slui.exe says that my windows is activated too.

Please read the forum Announcements and Stickies - and then reply with a copy of your MGADiag report.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 12:31 PM

All replies

• "kenkwan" wrote in message news:ad25255d-19f6-4cd7-ac99-f445a82afcf8...

I have been receiving popups saying that my Windows is not Genuine. I was directed to the website to validate my windows, and it also says that my Windows is not genuine.

Please read the forum Announcements and Stickies - and then reply with a copy of your MGADiag report.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 12:31 PM
  • No reply from Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 7:32 PM