Trying to download Update for Root Certificates [November 2011] (KB931125) RRS feed

• Question

• I need this file to play Swtor. When I go to the page to authenticate the file downloads and runs and comes up saying that my version of windows isn't legit. It is however. So I looked through the forums and found another link to validate windows. That one comes up saying my version is valid and then takes me to a different page that has nothing to do with what I was trying to. When I go back to the original validation page it works saying that I am valid as the other page did, but still will not let me download this file. I am at my witts end with this thing. My computer is 6 yrs old running win xp home and it will not handle an upgrade to 7 or 8 but runs completely fine for everything else. I need to get this to work so that I can play with my husband while I am away for a long period of time. I know most people might think this is stupid and I am sorry. I am hoping someone will be able to help at least. Thank you.
    • Moved by Noel D PatonEditor Monday, May 20, 2013 6:10 PM question is apparently XP-related
    Monday, May 20, 2013 5:01 PM

Answers

• (Moving thread to the Windows XP forum)

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Monday, May 20, 2013 6:09 PM