July's Communicator Update breaks MWI on Phone RRS feed

• Question

• I just updated my communicator client with July's updated patch (KB 969695) so the version of communicator is 3.5.6907.37.  I'm using one of the "Oak" phones (USB Phone 1357), and when someone leaves me a voicemail it should light up the MWI on key 1, but it lights up the mute button.  It works fine if I roll back to June’s update.  Any ideas what in July’s update that would break this or if there’s a fix for it?

Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:13 PM

Answers

• Thanks everyone for replying,

This phone that I’m using must be a pre-production model.  I got this phone a few months ago since my company is part of the OCS Tap program.  It’s been working great since I got it expect for that MWI issue when installing July’s update.  It didn’t matter which OS I tried (32-bit XP Sp3/Vista SP1 or 64-bit Vista Sp1 and Sp2 and Windows 7 RC).  I’m sure the final model (probably made by Polycom) will resolve this issue. 

• Marked as answer by DarenK Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:30 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:30 PM

All replies

• Just being curious: which device are you talking about?
    Johann Deutinger | MCTS Exchange 2007 / OCS 2007
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:36 PM
  • Where did you get that device, I believe they are not on sale yet, this should be a test device?

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Friday, July 31, 2009 8:22 AM
  • I haven't seen this problem on my test device. Which OS are you running on?

/Dennis
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:10 PM
  •  

Hi:

So far as I know, I do not know the device you referred. It seems to be a compatibility issue.

Here is some suggestions for you:

1.     Update the driver of the device to the latest version.

2.     Turn to help from the vender of the device.

Hope this helpful!

Regards!   

Thursday, August 6, 2009 3:30 AM
  • Thanks everyone for replying,

This phone that I’m using must be a pre-production model.  I got this phone a few months ago since my company is part of the OCS Tap program.  It’s been working great since I got it expect for that MWI issue when installing July’s update.  It didn’t matter which OS I tried (32-bit XP Sp3/Vista SP1 or 64-bit Vista Sp1 and Sp2 and Windows 7 RC).  I’m sure the final model (probably made by Polycom) will resolve this issue. 

• Marked as answer by DarenK Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:30 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:30 PM