A/V Authentication Service internal FQDN RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

In this momment i'm deploying OCS ES.  My problem is when i try to define the "A/V Authentication Service internal FQDN and port used for A/V authentication" in the A/V Conferencing Properties, on the drop-down list appears <None>. I don't know why show me <None>. Is necessary configure the A/V Edge Server to define the Authentication Service and the Authentication Certificate for A/V Conferencing???? i think this is the problem whe i try to sing-in on the Live Meeting client and show me an error with the authentication service.... 

Friday, September 5, 2008 2:05 PM

Answers

• Okay, I took a look at this.  The drop-down list you are looking at should be enmpty if you don't have an A/V Conferecing Edge Server role deployed.  This "internal FQDN" is only used for authenticating remote users, which can not even exist unless the Edge server is deployed.

In short, that configuration is unused in an internal-only deployment.  Some more details can be found here (under Configuring A/V Conferencing Remote User Authentication):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb936620.aspx

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:52 PM

All replies

• You don't need to deploy an Edge server to get an internal functionailty, it is only for external and federated/PIC connectivity.

My lab is offline at the moment so I can't validate what you should be seeing in that configuration screen at the moment.

Friday, September 5, 2008 2:12 PM
  • ok Jeff, please if you have a few minutes for validate this or someone else have more information, i will be very gratefull
    Friday, September 5, 2008 2:25 PM
  • Okay, I took a look at this.  The drop-down list you are looking at should be enmpty if you don't have an A/V Conferecing Edge Server role deployed.  This "internal FQDN" is only used for authenticating remote users, which can not even exist unless the Edge server is deployed.

In short, that configuration is unused in an internal-only deployment.  Some more details can be found here (under Configuring A/V Conferencing Remote User Authentication):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb936620.aspx

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:52 PM