Adding File Extensions RRS feed

• Question

• Could anyone assist me in adding file extensions in backup. I use dreamweaver and want to backup my file extensions without having to keep a copy of them in my documents.

Thank You,

David

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:41 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, the OneCare backup does not allow you to add file extensions to the "filter" selections. You can add files and folders to be backed up, though. Are you saying that the Dreamweaver files are not being backed up now?

-steve

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:55 PM
  • dreamweaver extensions should come  in the Other categories or Internet Categories . ..

In the category selection page , there is a link for exclude files and folders . So if you check Internet and Other file categories and click on this link , then it will take to a dialog box where you can SEE THE FILES WHICH YOU HAVE SELECTED FOR THE BACKUP .

thus using the combination of Categories + Advanced setting folder selection , you can customize the way you want to backup your files .

-Rock 

Friday, July 20, 2007 9:56 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, the OneCare backup does not allow you to add file extensions to the "filter" selections. You can add files and folders to be backed up, though. Are you saying that the Dreamweaver files are not being backed up now?

-steve

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:55 PM
  • Stephen Boots,

I actually did not look and can not answer that question with out asking where to find out or look and where?

If you kindly let me know this information I would be grateful and answer your question.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:02 PM
  • I will try to get a better detailed explanation for you soon, but when you perform the backup wizard - you should be able to view all of the files it will backup, albeit in a small window. You can also use the Restore function after a backup and select the custom restore option. It will load the backup catalog and you should be able to browse it and look.

What are the extensions of the Dreamweaver files?

-steve

Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:56 AM
  • dreamweaver extensions should come  in the Other categories or Internet Categories . ..

In the category selection page , there is a link for exclude files and folders . So if you check Internet and Other file categories and click on this link , then it will take to a dialog box where you can SEE THE FILES WHICH YOU HAVE SELECTED FOR THE BACKUP .

thus using the combination of Categories + Advanced setting folder selection , you can customize the way you want to backup your files .

-Rock 

Friday, July 20, 2007 9:56 AM
  • Thanks, Rock.

I have yet to dig into 2.0 backup...

-steve

Friday, July 20, 2007 3:55 PM
  • This was known and found by myself long ago. The problem is that in such areas as financial data when using microsoft money deluxe 2007 and clicking on exclude files and there are no files there to be selected. Now I would not write up something that was easy to figure out.
    Monday, July 23, 2007 1:13 PM
  • Thank you for the honest straight forware answer.
    Monday, July 23, 2007 1:23 PM