firewall seems to block all RRS feed

• Question

• my online games or mabie all my programs ive checked advanced settings and all seems fine the pop up says your firewall has block _____- so and so program i dont know what elce their is though ive put the ask me to allow or stop the programs in the two boxes under adv setting whitch for some reson was checked off dont know how though over all i can download programs just cant conect the to the net also

my programs like onecare sometimes halfe to be run as admin in order to change setting i feel asthough im not in control of the computer if that has anything to do with it dont know
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 12:31 AM

Answers

• If you turn off the OneCare firewall, does the problem go away? The OneCare firewall should not be blocking your network access randomly - if the web browser is allowed, that means the firewall has allowed it, as it should. The problem is more likely due to a problem with the browser security settings. If the games are not accessed via the web browser and are installed to the computer, it could be the firewall and you'd need to determine what programs to allow and any ports that may need to be opened.
    If you believe the problem is due to OneCare, you can contact support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:00 AM

All replies

• If you turn off the OneCare firewall, does the problem go away? The OneCare firewall should not be blocking your network access randomly - if the web browser is allowed, that means the firewall has allowed it, as it should. The problem is more likely due to a problem with the browser security settings. If the games are not accessed via the web browser and are installed to the computer, it could be the firewall and you'd need to determine what programs to allow and any ports that may need to be opened.
    If you believe the problem is due to OneCare, you can contact support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:00 AM
  • well its this time the program was second life its a vertual reality game and i tryed running it in admin and nothing same problem though the pop up i dont know if it was a onecare pop up it was a rectanguler box all white black print coming from the bottom right corner of the screen im thinkin is thir a option for running programs as admin i would like to look around in their um im new but bear with me i know better then to do somthing i don know about i here or well it may be some process that is in anouther part of the fire wall it has to do with the fire wall i know it does
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:13 AM
  • i tryed reinstalling the game after i set the fire wall to prompt me to allow or block though it did not ask soo that all
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:14 AM
  • I do believe Second Life is installed and it probably needs for you to configure the OneCare firewall to allow the ports for it to communicate. Check with the developer of Second Life for details and I'm sure that Support for OneCare should have some information and can help, too.
    -steve

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 2:04 AM