Change (edit) Adress from USA to Canada !!! RRS feed

• Question

• I need to renew my OneCare,  but my Address on file is  - for what ever reason- in the USA

I am in Canada and can NOT edit my file to change it to Canada

what can I do ??????

It lets me put my CredCard # but wants my Address which is in CANADA but there is no OPTION for CANADA.

Help would be  very apprichiated

Monday, June 16, 2008 12:18 AM

Answers

• I just found your post in the Off Topic folder, so moved it to the General folder.

Open IE and in Tools/Internet Options, verify that your language setting is correct for your country.

If it is not, click "Add" to select your language and country combination from the list.

Make that selection the default. It should appear at the top of the list.

Remove or demote other entries that are not appropriate for your country.

If that does not resolve it (though I believe that it will) please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:59 PM

All replies

• I just found your post in the Off Topic folder, so moved it to the General folder.

Open IE and in Tools/Internet Options, verify that your language setting is correct for your country.

If it is not, click "Add" to select your language and country combination from the list.

Make that selection the default. It should appear at the top of the list.

Remove or demote other entries that are not appropriate for your country.

If that does not resolve it (though I believe that it will) please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:59 PM
  • I did change my language setting to engl. Canada  ( it was engl USA)

but I still can't renew  My file says USA

everywhere it says help is only for the USA

How about the rest of the world ???

I am frustraded  trying since houres - days to renew my supscription and not beeing abel....

do I really have to go to the store and buy a new version ???  uninstall and reinstall the hole shhhht ????

I dont know why my file has me in the USA  - 

Account name:

My Microsoft Billing Account

Acct ID# 00000-00000-01536-02084

Service description

You have selected a one year subscription to Windows Live OneCare (covers up to 3 PCs). Windows Live OneCare is the all-in-one security and performance service for your Windows XP or Windows Vista-based PC and includes Antivirus, Antispyware, Anti-Phishing, Managed Firewall, Performance Tune-Ups, Data Backup, and Support. You must agree to the Windows Live OneCare Subscription Agreement to access the service. Product key required. Valid in US only.

can you please HELP me

GoodJub

Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:23 AM
  • If you Billing account at http://billing.microsoft.com is identified as a US account, I don't know if this can be changed. Contact support per the procedure described in the FAQ I linked to above to verify or get this changed.

On the other hand, removing OneCare and then installing from http://onecare.live.com and then activating/subscribing with  *new* LiveID may be the easiest way to go. You can use a store bought copy for the key or you can use a credit card to purchase a subscription during activation.

-steve

Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:54 PM
  •  

I had this problem too, and when I contacted support, after spending lots of time with them, they couldn't fix it... they told me not to renew, then to just start over new again when my year ran out. I did this, and still can't put in "Canada"...give me a break...how hard can it be to add a "Canada" option?  And it that's a huge problem, why not accept payment via paypal?  That way it doesn't matter where you live...geez!  I suppose I could run out and buy a hard version of One care, which is what happened last year...it came with my computer, but then I have to do this every year...I won't be able to renew, and there will be times where my computer won't be protected.  It's not worth the hassle.

Kathy

Monday, June 30, 2008 1:17 PM
  • Oh, I forgot to add, changing the language to Canada didn't help at all.  Still no "Canada" option.  It automatically puts in US.  It's very frustrating. 

Monday, June 30, 2008 1:20 PM
  •  Kat1212 wrote:

Oh, I forgot to add, changing the language to Canada didn't help at all.  Still no "Canada" option.  It automatically puts in US.  It's very frustrating. 

In IE language settings, is English/Canada the default language?

If you sign on with your LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com, is your locale in your profile shown as Canada?

In the regional settings in Control Panel for Windows, is your region identified as Canada?

-steve

Monday, June 30, 2008 3:29 PM
  • I changed in IE to eng. Canada...

My windowsLive ID schows Canada also... only the BillingFile is set to USA

Can anyone change(edit)  that for me, as I really need to renew my OneCare befor the 12 July !!

I spend hrs and hrs now to figure this out   -   but can NOT find a solution !!!!

thanx

GoodJub

Monday, July 7, 2008 1:07 AM
  • I thought of buying a other version, but that will not change my billing Info and I am stuck next year again !!

Monday, July 7, 2008 1:09 AM
  • Unfortunately, if this can be changed, you'll need to do this via Billing support - 

-steve

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 5:41 PM