Have already mapped several routes, but this one won't work. RRS feed

• Question

• I have mapped several areas already, all with the same starting and ending points.    This one I have been trying to map won't work.  The message I get says 'unable to get directions from (address) to (address).  One of the areas may not contain necessary connectors such as ferry routes or main roads.  Move one or both stops and try again.'  I removed the stops and it tries to route from the next stop, and I get the same message.  The first stop is close to the next one and is on the main road, nothing special.  I don't know how to get past this.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Kat

Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:30 PM

All replies

• Kat, if you want, try to upload the problem file and repost your question to http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/microsoft and we will try to look at it.

Laptop GPS World

Friday, May 11, 2012 10:03 AM
  • Kat,  I believe you also posted this to my contact form?  Seeing the problem file should enable people to see what the problem is (it is almost exactly what the error message is saying, even if the missing road isn't apparent - it could be bug in the road network), so please upload it to one of the forums (laptopgpsworld.com, mp2kmag.com ) so we can see it.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

• Proposed as answer by JW1, Wednesday, May 16, 2012 3:10 PM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 12:36 PM